Thursday, October 24, 2013

TWENTY

Twenty is a strange age. Not only is it a terrifying transition from childhood to individualism, but it’s also a very comparative time. Twenty is the age that extraordinarily ambitious people begin taking off. It’s not out of the realm of possibility anymore. This is the year that your graduating class begins to break up. There are the ones attending ivy league schools ready to become Ambassador of the Unites States, there are those are doing typically average things a twenty year old does, and there are the ones who haven’t left mom and dad’s house. I’ve come to terms that I’m in that middle category.

My high school was the greatest thing that ever happened to me. It was everything a teenager needs, to be honest. One thing that I’m beginning to dislike about it now is the way it made everyone feel like the best at what they did. While attending, that was so valuable to feel that sense of importance and championship. Now, in a world much meaner and larger than Las Vegas Academy, I’ve been put in my place. I am very, very average. Everything I do and try is mediocre. It used to get me down, sometimes to the point where I wanted to give up ever trying for something again. But it was hard to keep perseverance running in my blood when the world makes you feel like you’re worthless if you’re not the absolute best. Sometimes I feel myself slip back into this falsified idea of the world, but then I think about if I was the best. 


What a bore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment